Chocolate Week: See the recipe for our delectable dark chocolate fondants
Although it may sound like something out of Willy Wonka's diary, Chocolate Week is very much a real thing!
Returning for a 14th consecutive year between 15-21 October, Chocolate Week is designed to celebrate the world of fine chocolate. Hundreds of events are expected to take place around the UK, with top chocolatiers and chocolate companies celebrating by hosting tastings, demonstrations, new product launches and revealing recipes that use some of the best chocolate from around the world.
As you may imagine, this is a sweet cause we are more than happy to support! So to help mark the occasion we're delighted to share the recipe for our dark chocolate fondants, one of the many sumptuous dessert options on our menus.
TLC's dark chocolate fondants recipe (to make eight)
- Mix 500g of butter and 500g of dark chocolate in a bowl and melt over a bain marie.
- In a separate bowl, mix 250g of caster sugar, 10 whole eggs and 10 egg yolks. Whisk and add in 200g of cocoa powder.
- Fold in the eggs with the melted chocolate.
- Brush eight moulds (one for each dessert) with melted butter and dust with cocoa powder.
- Fill with the mixture and refrigerate for four hours.
- Cook at 180c for nine minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let them stand for one minute, then turn out.
- Enjoy your dark chocolate fondants!
Of course, you could also cut out the hard work and simply enjoy these on board as part of a full menu selection. It's easy to start creating your next personal or corporate event in the heart of London...
How to start your TLC journey
Arranging your special occasion with TLC is a simple and worry-free experience. From the moment you enquire, your dedicated event coordinator will guide you through the entire planning process and offer ideas, ensuring your event is easy and fun to organise.
Use the enquiry button below to start your journey with us and receive a bespoke booking proposal: